Friday, September 25, 2015

Merry Monday #172 - WATERCOLORS



There are times when cards come together with ease, and this one did not.  Actually it came close to being deposited in the dreaded bin.  But I am a firm believer that we should not throw something out because the time may come when inspiration will lead you to pick up the card again.  Corny?  Well I have been anxious to make a card using this stamp set but it began with the inking not covering, even using Misti.  I used distress inks (picked raspberry, barn door, dusty concord), an acrylic block and aqua pen to color and then a spritz of water.  Still I  was not happy.  After letting the paper dry I used colored watercolor pens, a multiliner pen and some Inka gold. I applied a lot of Wink of Stella and matted the wc paper with a lovely piece of textured gold paper.  Am I thrilled, no, but it is nice enough to give to a friend.

Stamp Set - MFT "Holiday Botanicals"
Paper - Strathmore 140# Watercolor, PTI white cs, snippet gold paper
Ink - Stazon, Distress Inks (picked raspberry, barn door, dusty concord, scattered straw, wild honey), Inka-Gold gold
Other - Wink of Stella


 

3 comments:

  1. I have this stamp set and have problems with it too. I think it is the stamp that is the problem, not us. lol. Anyway lovely card, and thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card, Thanks for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Barb ... the outside the line colouring makes gives lovely image a wonderful glow! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete