Once a month I attend a SU! workshop, make a few cards and then go out to lunch with a friend. Last month was a different set up and we chose stamps and then colored them. I also gave a brief talk about Copic markers. A month has gone by and I never finished any of the five cards and the next workshop is Monday, so I have been finishing all the cards. I always do better creating cards on my own, and when in a card making class I never do well. Having the chance to bring these colored images home I made some cards that has my touch.
The image was colored with Copics at the last workshop and this week I die cut it as well as the blue paper, which was then embossed. I added this neat sentiment from Paper Onion and I love the style of the font. Glossy Accents was applied to the flowers.
Stamp - SU! (name I don't know), Paper Onion sentiment
Paper - SU! Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise (one of my favorites)
Ink - Memento, Copics
Embossing Folder - Provo Craft "Daisies"

This week in Southern California has been miserable with heat and humidity, the temps are 5 to 15 degrees higher than usual and yesterday it was in the low 90's and we leave close to the beach. All I do is sit with the fan blowing on me and make cards. We are trying hard not to use the AC because of the fear of a brown-out (no electricity) and I keep the living room closed up which means there is not good light to take a photo. So below is my set up for this photo. The fan is on the right. Thank goodness for the Ott light.
I don't usually submit one card to more than one challenge but I am giving it a try today.



Love these flowers and the pretty embossed frame! Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautifully colored and look wonderful with that bright blue background! Glad you joined us at FMS!
ReplyDeleteThis is just so pretty...love your sweet flowers. I know what you mean about the weather, I live in Northern California and we have been in the high 90's to low 100's, so I just how you feel! Stay cool and keep on crafting!
ReplyDeleteThis is very sweet! Pretty colors and pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet card. Love the flowers and the cheerful colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty, Barb ... such a lovely floral cascade! Do hope temperatures have cooled down a little ... heat and high humidity are such a draining mix! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteso very pretty Barb....the blue of the bkg really sets off the main stamped image...
ReplyDeleteLove these flowers and how you colored them. The window and blue embossing looks so nice as a frame.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a pretty card and you have coloured the flowers beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)
ReplyDelete