Sunday, September 6, 2015

Addicted to CAS - BLUE



I love the creative process of making my own background paper. This piece was made several weeks ago when my card making group was playing with ink, water and embossing folders. When the cue word was blue I looked in my UFO box and this piece looked perfect. The process was to ink an embossing folder, spritz with water and then lay the paper on top and tap with your hand. I stamped the sentiment and then die cut three times the paint brush, which I colored with distress ink. I had been waiting for some time to use this NBUS stamp.

Stamp - Impression Obsession "Paint something Beautiful"
Die - MFT "Artist Palette"
Paper - water color 90#, PTI white card stock
Ink - Distress Ink Peacock Feathers, Markers Peacock Feathers, Gathered Twigs, Gellyroll (silver)
Other - VersaFine, Zing clear embossing powder


4 comments:

  1. Your background is GORGEOUS Babs!! Love this technique ... the watercolouring just flows so beautifully. Great card. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Creative. I've tried to do backgrounds like yours and usually end up with a hot mess! Yours looks great!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion the backgrounds rarely look good. But put them aside for awhile and then find a great cue word, sketch or great sentiment and set the creative juices in motion. :)

      Delete
  3. You did 'paint' something beautiful, Barb ... this is a gorgeous background ... the colour drifts off so perfectly towards the sentiment ... perfect placement! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete