The inspiration for this fall tree was a photo I took on a trip to the Grand Canyon two years ago. I referred back to the photo to color the leaves. The picture was taken in the parking lot of the hotel and there was a long row of probably six trees amassed in color.
I began by stamping the tree trunk and branches in brown and then stamped each leaf in different directions and colored with Copics. Then using a mask I lightly sponged blue and then stamped the sentiment. This focal piece was then die cut and attached to the white card base.
Stamps - Paper Smooches "Gently Seasonal," Sweet & Sassy Stamps "Rhubarb's Autumn Joys"
Inks - Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa, SU! Bashful Blue
Paper - Neenah, PTI White Card Stock
Die Cut - Lil Inker Stitched Rectangle


Very pretty! The lightly sponged background really pops the tree nicely. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty leaves against the sponged background!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous graduated colour on those fabulous leaves, Barb ... such a lovely sense of movement with those that are just tumbling from the branches! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteSweet image Babs. Love your pretty autumn leaves and the masked oval background --- fantastic design. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx
ReplyDeleteBEEE-utilful leaves...just love your sweet fall tree!
ReplyDelete