Another Darnell NBUS challenge so that means another card using a NBUS product. My NBUS is the stencil from Stamplorations.
This card was a lot of fun making as I began by stenciling the butterflies at a class. We were working on anything we wanted and some of the ladies were using embossing folders. So I took this stenciled piece and ran it through the Cuttlebug with an unknown embossing folder. The next day I began to play some more and used two different dies. What is interesting is that the solid die is not paper but rather a piece of foil from a peanut can. Really. One of the ladies is big into recycling and she introduced this clever idea a year ago. The stenciled/embossed paper was attached to blue card stock and then white card stock.
Stencil - Stamplorations "Butterfly Dance" (NBUS)
Ink - SU! Really Rust, Bashful Blue
Paper - SU! Whisper White, Really Rust, Bashful Blue
Dies - Memory Box "Oriel Butterfly," "Lunette Butterfly"
Embossing Folder - Unknown


Sounds like a fun class, Barb! I love how you've used multi colors on the stenciled butterflies and using the foil for the solid butterfly is such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteJust stunning! I love your gorgeous butterfly and your background is amazing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, love the stencilling under the embossed BG. The die cut butterfly finished it off perfectly. Thanks for joining in on the NBUS challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty, Barb ... the two tone background is fabulous ... delicate and dreamy ... and just lovely with that shimmery foil backed butterfly! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteThis turned out really pretty! I like the colors!
ReplyDeleteWell, how's that for ingenuity! I love how this turned out, BBB! I love the e/f over the beautiful butterfly stenciling and making the solid butterfly out of recycled foil is so inspired! Really fantastic in every way! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, II
ReplyDelete