
Hi! I am posting this card which I submitted earlier this week to CASology's Under challenge. Kimberly Wiener of wieneryhoneymooners.blog fame left a comment about this card and suggested I enter it into the Merry Monday current challenge - so here I am. This is my first time submitting a card to this challenge although I do follow some of the participants namely Bonnie and I think gads there is no way I could make a C card weekly. But recently I began to make my own C cards and have submitted a couple to other challenges. I guess MM challenges would work for me because I hate to mass produce as it works against my grain of creativity. Typically I stamp and use copics and when I stamp an image I stamp more than one and may only color one and the rest go into a container.
The story behind this card is I was making it to show at a card class I am teaching in three hours to a group of women who range in skill level. Having said that I usually teach techniques and for this card a couple of things one can do to a CAS card such as paper-pieceing, tearing paper for snow and using stickles. While I was making this card it dawned on me it would fit for CASology's cue word under. The rest is history I submitted the card Kim W liked it and suggest I submit it to MM.
Stamp - Unity Gifts Galore, SU! (sentiment)
Paper - Neenah, snippets
Die - Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Ink - Distress markers, Versafine
Other - Stickles, Gold Jelly Roll pen, mounting tape
.jpg)
I am so glad you entered this at Merry Monday, Babs! I adore this! Love the paper pieced packages and your stitched mats! I do classes too. We'll have to "get together" and swap stories. My email is bonklass(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteLove your adorable card! Sweet image and amazing design!
ReplyDeleteYay, I love it as you know!!! And don't feel pressured to play a challenge every week, it is good to use for inspiration and play when you can. It's all about fun and creativity!! I wasseriously trying to do Christmas every week, but with DT commitments I do as I can. Thanks for Che king a new challenge out!!!! What fun, they will all love this lots!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the paper pieced gifts, but absolutely adore the snowman...he just makes me smile! Great card! :0)
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun card!! Love it all!
ReplyDeleteoh trop mignon, elle est vraiment adorable, biz
ReplyDeleteHow cute is this!!! .... love the image and it's beautifully coloured. Linda xx
ReplyDeleteThis is really fab. I just love the cute image with the pop of traditional christmas colours, against the crisp white background.
ReplyDeleteCaroline xxx
Oh so cute, this image is adorable. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! Beautifully colored. Just adorable!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is fun! Hope those packages aren't too heavy. LOL
ReplyDeleteI love this image too, he was fun to make.
DeleteWhat a fun, adorable image! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with our Merry Monday challenge this week!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment. Hope your granddaughter is healing quickly.
DeleteCute as can be!!! Love the stamp you used too!!
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable and perfect for this challenge - love those gifts and that snowguy :) Thanks for playing this week with us at Merry Monday!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the HM!!!! Well deserved!!! Great job, so glad you shared!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is so cute! I love the generous use of white around the image...really makes it pop. And I so need these stitched rectangle dies! Just haven't wanted to pay the price yet, but I'm getting there. LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm so delighted to see that you entered an MM challenge, Barb, and won an HM honor on your first time out!!! Well-deserved! This card is beyond cute! It has a lot of little features, but you've still managed to keep it CASlicious!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun and I think my favorite of all your cards I have seen. I love your adorable little snowman balancing all those beautifully wrapped Christmas gifts, so darn cute!
ReplyDelete