
Three of my four grandchildren have birthdays in the next two months. My youngest grandson Jake turns five next month and I made this card for him. He is the fussiest eater, ever, except for cake. Jake loves cake. Several months ago when we were babysitting him for a couple of days Jake and grandma made a chocolate cake - yummy. When his parents came to pick him up he wanted to know if he got to take "his" cake home. Usually we make cookies but two weeks ago we made Puppy Chow which is rice chex, nutella, peanuts and powdered sugar. He took a container home but my guess is he ate most of it before he arrived to his house.
A while back I purchased a Sketch Pad from LOTV. the pad contains images that are printed on paper. I truly love the images and this was perfect for Jakey Cakey. After coloring the image with copics I die cut it and then trimmed part of the right side and this was a layout from Seize the Sketch #9 (boo hoo). I die cut a sentiment strip and stamped the sentiment and added two enamel dots. The dog was mounted onto some very old designer paper from Muse.
Image - LOTV "Jack, Patch & Puss, Set 2", sentiment MFT "All Occasion Sentiments"
Ink - Copics, Versafine
Die Cuts - MFT "Pierced Circle," Die-namics Sentiment Strips
Paper - Muse, snippet of Neenah
Other - My Mind's Eye enamel dots, mounting tape, corner rounder
.jpg)
A super fun image for a cake lover! A card I'm sure your grandson will love. Thanks so much for playing along with our "Sweet Treats" challenge at Seize the Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute. What a fun image.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet card! Jake will surely love it.. <3
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun, Barb ... that cute pooch bursting out of the cake is sure to be a big hit with your cake loving Jake ... he could make one with Grandma just like it! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteA very sweet card!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday and used the "toppings!"
What a fun birthday card! I love your sweet little critter popping out of that cake.
ReplyDelete