Saturday, September 20, 2014

Merry Monday Challenge #126 "Sentiment"




Selecting a sentiment for the Merry Monday challenge was a little difficult until I remembered this stamp from a very old SU! set. I purchased the set on e-Bay several years ago and I am happy that I can finally use it. The tree image is a new set from Penny Black. To begin with I stamped the image with VersaMark onto white paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I colored the background with Distress Inks (tumbled glass, peacock feathers) and SU! Coastal Cabana. I stamped the sentiment onto black cs and mounted it onto the tree image. I chose the main cs of Coastal Cabana and tweaked a piece of black. The image was attached with mounting tape.

Stamps - Penny Black "Snow Dust," SU! "A Beautiful Season"
Paper - SU! Coastal Cabana, Black, The Paper Cut White Linen
Ink - VersaMark
Other - Recollections "Snow" embossing powder



5 comments:

  1. How striking and beautiful, Barb ... such a lovely sponged background ... it makes the image and the sentiment panel really pop! Gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally great sentiment and your non-traditional color scheme is super fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking color combination, and a lovely sentiment! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love the colours you chose!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing holiday card...I love that blue, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete