Monday, September 1, 2014

Less Is More: Week 187 "LUCKY DIP"

"Less is More"


The challenge at Less is More is Lucky Dip and the delightful Darnell is the guest designer. In honor of Darnell (Irma Iowa to me) I have made this colorful and charming card, much like her.
First I stamped and heat embossed the image and then colored with copics. I die cut the rectangle and attached it to a piece of textured sand cs. The sun was also die cut. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a piece of white cs and then attached the beach and sun pieces.

Stamps - Stamps by Judith "Beach Border," MFT sentiment
Die Cuts - Lil Inkers Sun, Stitched Rectangles
Ink - Versafine, Copics
Paper - Neenah, MFT textured Kraft, SU! Daffodil Delight



10 comments:

  1. This is my favourite card of the challenge, beautifully coloured and constructed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and such a cute image. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous little beach scene
    Thanks for sharing and joining the challenge
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you say the nicest things, Barb! I think your bright and stitched seaside card is just as you said, colorful and charming!! The scene looks just like our last weekend! Thank you for joining us at LIM!! Hugs to you, Irma Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super seaside stamp and card! love the sun that you added
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic CAS card. Great design. I love the popped up sun, neat addition

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a terrific seaside scene... love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, definitely charming and colourful, Barb ... a fabulous beach scene, made all the more special by that bright shining stitched sun ... delightful! Had a smile at us both including a beach/sand castle ... great minds!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete