Saturday, September 13, 2014

NBUS Challenge #2

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)



This is my second entry into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #2. I purchased this stamp a while ago with the idea of creating a couple of cards for two of my card making friends. Prior to moving from the mountains to the beach I made a strong friendship with two ladies who I met as a SU! demonstrator. We became fast friends and had fun making cards together and almost weekly meeting at Starbuck's for a latte and doing a show and tell. Our threesome was called the PB&J Design Team, for Pat, Barb and Janet. The inside of the card reads, "good friends are like thighs, always sticking together." We now live 2 1/2 hours away from one another but we email oftenhttp://www.djkardkreations.com/2014/09/nbus-challenge-2-here-we-go.html and occasionally we drive up the hill for an overnight visit. I will give the card to Pat for her birthday which is in a couple of weeks.

The image was stamped and colored with copics (dah!) then die cut, matted, and attached to a second piece of white cs that had also been die cut. I added a touch of bling to finish the card.

Stamps - Inky Antics "Girlfriends Worldly Women"
Paper - Neenah, SU! Pixie Pink
Ink - Memento and Copics
Die Cut - Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles


4 comments:

  1. Oh, man, does that ever fit me and some girlfriends of mine, Barb!! Too cute and so is the name PB&J for you gals!! Another great image from Inky Antics. Thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge for the second time!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...just too darn cute and I am still trying to figure out which one is Darnell. I love your card and your coloring is just perfect! So so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I laughed out loud when I saw this, Barb ... and then did it again when I read the sentiment ... just fabulous ... and so beautifully coloured! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest image (with a great sentiment that you put inside the card) Nicely colored. Your group sounds like fun! I two friends that I get together with on a regular basis...so enjoy their friendship and have a blast with "show and tell"

    ReplyDelete