
I am posting this card for Addicted to CAS and the code word is luxury. The mister and I have been retired for a few years, he retired in his fifties, and we have been fortunate enough to take several cruises. For me cruising is a luxury and not because of the expense but because to me a cruise is like having a wife. Seriously. You get to your cabin and unpack and after that someone does everything for you. Make the bed, change the sheets, clean the bathroom, give you clean towels and puts a piece of chocolate on your pillow each night. Oh and least I forget cooks - all meals, any meals. Now does that sound like a wife to you? Needless to say there is much more to do on a ship including wonderful entertainment, dancing to live music, seeing a current movie and just plain having fun. There is no reason someone should or would get bored on a cruise. This year we are taking another cruise and this time to Hawaii at Christmas. The kids will be busy and that is the hard part about getting older, your kids have in-laws and their own children and their own plans and it can get a little lonely - so why not cruise to Hawaii for 15 days.
This is a MFT stamp which I stamped onto neenah paper and heat embossed and then colored with copics. After the sentiment was stamped I trimmed the piece and then mounted onto a luxurious piece of gold glittery paper and then mounted it onto a second piece of neenah.
Stamps - MFT "Travel"
Ink - Versafine, Copics
Paper - Neenah, gold cs from Michael's
Other - embossing powder, mounting tape
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2014/08/challenge-46-luxury.html
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2014/08/challenge-46-luxury.html
.jpg)
This post was a joy to read. I love your take on the code word.,sounds like a cruise really is your ideal luxury. And yes it sure sounds like a wife. Your colouring is outstanding, so pleased you joined us at ATCAS. Now I had better go and do some laundry!
ReplyDeleteBarb - this is a fabulous take on the Code Word - a cruise holiday really is luxurious! I loved reading your post about "the Wife" Lol! A cruise at Christmas will be extra-luxurious - no need to go out and buy the turkey etc., no need to cook it either , and as you say - Christmas is different when the offspring are all grown-up. Hope you have a fabulous time in Hawaii (bet you can't wait)!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for joining in the ATCAS fun again Barb - Sylvia xx
Hi Barb, what a great post and so true my mother swears by them at Christmas time and makes her feel truly spoilt.I love your card beautifully coloured and just perfect for our challenge at ATCAS. Thanks so much for joining in and good luck.
ReplyDeleteMarie
A standing O goes to you, Barb! Somehow I missed this post, but I loved it and your card! I'm so excited for you to take a 15-day cruise over Christmas to Hawaii and be treated like you have a wife again! Good for you!! Oh, and by the way, the standing O? Because you just happened to WIN THE CHALLENGE OVER AT ATCAS!! Yippie Doodles!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteYes my first big win. Sometimes you think you have a winner and you don't, and other times you don't think you stand a chance and voila. Thanks good buddy - : D Barb
DeleteYay, just catching up with blogland, Barb ... and found that you won over at ATCAS with this cool card ... many congratulations! Your Hawaiian cruise sounds amazing ... being pampered and attended over Christmas definitely sounds so luxurious ... and so tempting! Anita :)
ReplyDelete