Friday, September 26, 2014

CASology: Week 114 FLUTTER



This image I selected for this week's Casology with the cue word of flutter. Yesterday I started the card but this morning when I began to finish it things did not come together so I began again. In the meantime one of the ladies from my card making group wrote an email stating her mother had just passed away so she could not attend our get together. I set about to make the card again and this time I still used a mat to apply the ink but I chose a softer shade of blue and instead of using distress ink I selected SU! because I would have matching card stock. Once the soft sky ink was dry I stamped and heat embossed the cage with black ink and then I applied Versa Mark and used white embossing powder for the dove. I am pleased and decided to do a sentiment inside rather than on the front of the card.

Stamps - My Favorite Thing (unknown title), Unity "May Hope Sustain You"
Paper - PTI white cardstock, SU! Soft Sky
Ink - Versafine and VersaMark
Other - Clear and White embossing powder, mounting tape

Inside:


The sentiment was also heat embossed as was the white dove.




12 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are just so hard to make. This one is beautiful! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best sympathy card I've ever seen! Very moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft, serene and just the most perfect sympathy card, Barb ... lovely sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice sympathy card design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sympathy card. Great images and color choices. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce for the kind words and for nominating my card.

      Delete
  6. This is such a beautiful sympathy card...the soft colors and beautiful images speak for themselves, no need to have a sentiment on the front (the sentiment on the inside is lovely). Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. This is a beautiful sympathy card and I just love the comforting color and image you used!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful, touching card.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card...love that sweet bird cage and your sentiment too. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! this is gorgeous and so serene :)

    ReplyDelete