Saturday, September 13, 2014

Addicted to CAS - ORIENTAL




This card was made for ATCAS and the code word of Oriental. The stamp was inked onto watercolor paper and heat embossed. I used Twinkling H2O ink to color only the fan. Next I die cut the image and then traced the die onto a piece of gold paper, cut it and attached the image and this was matted onto a piece of previously embossed and die cut paper. For a few weeks I have tried to use up pieces of paper that I have either colored, or embossed or die cut or all of the above. Before assembling I stamped the sentiment.

Stamps - A Stamp in the Hand,"Woman with Round Fan," Precious Remembrance "New Day"
Paper - Tim Holtz watercolor paper, SU!, gold snippet, PTI white cardstock
Ink - Versafine, Twinkling H2O
Dies - Nestabilities "Curved Rectangle," Lil Inkers "Stitched Rectangles"



6 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous!!! I love your beautiful image and paired with that patterned paper makes for a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim for all your comments. Iust confess the stripped paper is only a background piece of Dsp I placed the card on to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How elegant, Barb ... the gold and mint together are gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. The turn of her head with the tilt of your paper... it is a great effect. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layers and the texture they create. I also love how you angled the background papers. Gorgeous. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly a big thank you from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful card that I received from you yesterday. I was so touched that you took the time not only to make this beauty but to post it and your beautiful words brought a tear to my eyes. Now on to business lol, what a gorgeous card beautifully embossed and the touch of gold really makes it magical. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at ATCAS.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete