
Despite the fact that I am busy trying to finish up Christmas cards for my charities I could not let this week's CASology theme of splatter pass by. Admittedly I have several sets of splatter or grunge-type stamp sets. This particular set is my first and my favorite and it is from MFT. For some time I have wanted to incorporate this sentiment on a card and this seemed like the right time. I used two colors of SU! ink and applied to the lower right hand side of the card stock. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed. After trimming the top piece I attached baker's twine and this is what took me the most amount of time. The twine was all balled up and honestly I spent about half an hour untangling the mess. This top layer was attached to a second piece of cs.
Stamps - SU! Unknown set for the sentiment
MFT - Abstract Art
Ink - SU! Crisp Cantaloupe, Taken with Teal, VersaFine
Other - embossing powder, baker's twine
.jpg)
Love the classic layout and use of the splatters as a backdrop - they really bring your eyes to the very important message! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!
ReplyDeletegreat CAS card
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested in challenges, I host a new one called "Throwback Thursdays", at my blog.
Warm hello,
bibiana
What a very beautiful quote, Barb ... so brilliantly highlighted with those wonderful splatters! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteI love this quote, as well as your stamped and controlled splatter. This is truly my kind of card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week. Always a treat to see you here every week.
ReplyDeleteSweet card and great use of those amazing splatters. Sorry to be so far behind in commenting, working on that tonight. Love your card.
ReplyDeleteA lovely sentiment and a lovely card. Thank you so much for joining this week at CASology
ReplyDeleteLove how the color splatters brings attention to the sentiment :)
ReplyDelete