
.jpg)
A post on Darnell's blog directed me to this card challenge for Marie. Making cards for those who are sick is one of the important things in my life so it gives me warm fuzzies to add to this collection of get well wishes.
For the past month or so I have tried to use up pieces of paper that I have played with and this background paper was colored using the embossing folder, ink and water technique. At some time I die cut butterflies and I was left with two open spaces so I stamped and die cut two more butterflies in a complimentary color. I added lots of bling and then I stamped the sentiment.
Paper - SU!
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Textile"
Ink - SU!
Die Cut & Stamp - MFT "Winged Beauties"
Stamp - Precious Remembrance "Positive Thoughts"
Dear Marie,
May the love and well wishes from family and friends help you through this difficult time.
My best to you,
Barbara Roe
Lovely background to the fun bflies!
ReplyDeleteThe background is beautiful! Thank you for coming to visit my blog and now I'm so glad I get to come visit yours!
ReplyDeleteFabulous background for those lovely butterflies! Thank you for visiting my and your sweet comment x
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet, Barbara, to join in our linky for Marie. Your card is just stunning! Thanks so much for linking up at ATSM xx
ReplyDeleteA girl after my own heart using up all those odds and ends that are too good to throw away! A great job recycling this fab background. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful !! love the BG, thank you for sharing with ATSM!
ReplyDeleteWow...what a card! I love your pair of sweet butterflies. The perfect get well card.
ReplyDeleteKim thank you for commenting on this card. My best, B
DeleteOh my goodness...your card is absolutely stunning, and how amazing your created it out of 'left-overs!' I'm swooning over the butterflies! A get well card guaranteed to bring a mega watt smile to Marie's face, as it has to mine! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
ReplyDelete~c
You did a terrific job putting this stunning card together with left-overs, Barb!! I would never have guessed that's how it came about. I'm sure Marie will be moved by your beautiful card and caring words!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteYipppeee, I am caught up on your cards...so sorry it has taken me so long to get to them. It was well worth the time hanging on your blog viewing all your amazing creations. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteWords cannot express fully how I felt when I received your beautiful card, I have to say i even shed a tear. Not only did you take the time out to make this beauty but you posted it and your beautiful words really lifted my spirits. I will treasure this for ever and when I feel a little low I will read your kind words again and again.
ReplyDeleteMarie