Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SEIZE THE SKETCH #25



Another card for the day and this one is for Seize the Sketch. Lately there have been several cards using black and white paper and I like the combination but it is not something I would typically make because my "thing" is coloring. This image was part of a sympathy stamp set I just received but it did have this flower. So I stamped and embossed the flower and matted it on black card stock. I have a file cabinet with only folders of paper scraps so I chose these two pieces of black/white paper. The floral paper is double sided and side two is the gold. I die cut the wave from a NBUS die set from Paper Smooches and punched the two circles. The sentiment was a sticker which I mounted onto a piece of scrap white cardstock.

Amigos may seem like an odd sentiment to put on a more serious card but one of my oldest and dearest friends of fifty years has a birthday shortly. Her husband also has the same birthday so I used the word amigos. They are truly great life-long friends and I love when we can get together which is not often as they live in Oregon and moi in California.

Paper - Snippets, SU! Black, Whisper White card stock
Stamp - Unity "May Hope Sustain You"
Sticker Sentiment - Paper Source (Hobby Lobby)
Versafine ink, embossing powder, mounting tape
Die Cut - Paper Smooches "Borders 1"


12 comments:

  1. I think your card is sensational, Barb! You've done a beautiful job of combining geometric papers with floral papers and the simple b/w image is the perfect topper!! I love the wavy gold sash! It's cool that you can make one card for both of their birthdays!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So striking, Barb ... love the monochrome colour scheme with the splash of shimmery gold ... I'm sure your amigos will love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphic nature of your card! The black and white color combo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational!! I really love your card as it is but I am also imagining it filled with the color you love!

    Happy Birthday to your friends : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I Love the black and white and that flower design is amazing! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and white design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, I love this beautiful card for your friends. How fun they have the same birthday! Love this one and the gingham! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not gingham , tiny white dots and the beautiufl patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love black and white and have to say at first I thought it was gingham just like Marybeth. So matter what it is, it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty papers and image.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty. The kraft paper looks great next to the black and white, and I do like that image uncolored. (must have been hard for you to resist coloring it!)

    ReplyDelete