
Happy Birthday Irma Iowa
This is a special card for a very special lady our own Darnell Knauss. At first I called her Miss Iowa because she was born in the same area as my mister. As time went on I called her Irma because I view her as our generation's Irma Bombeck. No, she is card making bloggers Irma B., but I think she can have a new career. I think all of us would agree she is "laugh out loud funny" and that is what the inside of the card says. Darnell is there for all of us and is so encouraging, sweet and kind. Not that other card makers aren't just as kind but I think of Darnell as Miss Congeniality. I guess that is enough accolades for the birthday girl although there is much more I could say. So Miss Darnell (aka Irma Iowa) wishing you the happiest of birthdays and I know this will be one special day for one special lady.
Stamp - Penny Black "Uplifting Occassion" (NBUS)
Copics
Paper - Neenah, SU! Black, Cameo Coral
Other - Versafine, clear embossing powder, mounting tape, Wink of Stella
+(626x534).jpg)
Awww what a fun design :) love this card !
ReplyDeleteI am giggling! Loving to think what Darnell will say when she sees this UBER! sweet image : ) Your coloring is just perfect!
ReplyDeletePatti
Wow...this is just too cute and so Darnell!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness! Had a good chuckle at this sweetly funny image! Darnell is going to adore this one!! That cat makes me smile every time I think about it!! I'm so glad you were able to link up and party along as we celebrate our Miss D.! Bev
ReplyDeleteNow that you mention it, she is definitely modern day Irma Bombeck!!! :) Your card caught my eye right away in the gallery and I think it is PERFECT for Darnell! LOL!
ReplyDeletep.s. Your hubby grew up not too far from where I grew up if he grew up in the same area as Darnell was born! :)
He was born in Jefferson and grew up in Lanesboro (east of Carroll) and then in junior high they moved to Southern CA. Happy 4th
DeleteI'm sorry, Barb, could you repeat some of those alcoholades? I'm like them! Irma here, late for visiting, but I'm guessing you are still awake because of the fireworks going off. I'm sorry I'm just getting here, but I've been undulated with parties and company between my birthday and the 4th! Thank you so much for all your wonderful fat-head-inducing compliments and for linking your comical and fabulously colored card to the surprise linky party!
ReplyDeleteYour card is even more better in person!! Just like you, I've always loved this Miss Kitty stamp and I'm honored that I got to be the reason for her inaugural outing! She looks absolutely fabulous in her frilly underwear! I love the sediment, too! That's the best compliment of all since laughter is the best medicine!
Have a super weekend and thanks again!! Mwah! Darnell
I'm still chuckling at this fabulously cute and hilarious card for the wonderful Darnell, Barb ... and what a wonderful tribute you wrote for her ... she is such a treasure! Anita :)
ReplyDelete