Thursday, July 3, 2014

CASOLOGY: Week 102 "FLOAT"


Have you ever awoken too early in the morning thinking about a card design? Such was yesterday for me and I could not go back to sleep so I got up and began creating. My original design changed a little but two attempts is probably not bad. 


I chose this cute duck and I inked, embossed and colored with copics and then die cut the circle. Finding the "right" embossing folder from my vast collection (I am not kidding) was more difficult. I came across this NBUS folder which was part of a set of four. I found them on sale at Michael's and there is also a cartridge for the Cricut. Silly me ordered the cartridge but have yet to use it and haven't used the Cricut for over three years. But the embossing folders were a good deal. This folder looks like waves and if you turn it upside down it could be trees. I trimmed the embossed sheet and then mounted little ducky with mounting tape.


Unless I am using a card for my own personal use I do not stamp the inside because my cards are donated to charitable groups who like the inside blank. This card dictated I complete the inside because the sentiment is so cute. The sentiment was stamped in black but Ducky was stamped in London Fog and then I added a strip of Washi tape.

Stamp set - Our Craft Lounge "The Pond"
Die cut - Nestabilities "Circles"
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Give a Hoot"
Other - Neenah paper, Copics, Versafine ink, Memento Ink, washi tape, mounting tape



14 comments:

  1. Hi Babs : )

    Thanks a bunch for stopping by my blog I appreciate your sweet comment.

    I wanted to answer your question about cards for Emma. I e-mailed Kelly, the coordinator, and asked her the same question. She said YES! is still collecting cards. Great minds think alike : ) I am just finishing up a card I'm planning to post today for Emma in hopes to generate one last flow of greetings to that sweet little girl.

    Have a great day! and thank you so much for the cards you've sent!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look for your post and I just made four cards for her. Happy 4th

      Delete
  2. Oh, I've been there, Barbara! Woke up early in the morning and couldn't stop thinking of cards. Haha!!! Love your ducky card! So cute and your coloring is perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. Have a happy 4th of July weekend! May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Barbara! Love the sweet image and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, not only do I wake up thinking about cards but sometimes I fall asleep thinking about them, too! I know you and I both like embossing folders...I haven't seen this one before and I must say it is awesome! Perfect behind that adorable floating duck! The sentiment is adorable, too. As always, I'm so glad you played along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that duckie is so cute, I love embossed BG !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too cute. I love your sweet little rubber ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who can resist a rubber ducky! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that is exactly what I do all the time. Have to get the card and everything else out of my mind.
    Love the embossing folder you used for the backdrop of that adorable duck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had a smile reading your post, Barb ... overnight ideas come to me too ... I jot them down before the day starts, otherwise they disappear amid the renovation dust! What a dashing, splashing duckie ... so cute against those perfect background waves! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute rubber duckie, he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really sweet card--perfectly colored and CAS. You really did pick exactly the right EF, and your sentiment is adorable. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week. And, yes, I have woken up in the middle of the night many times with a card that just had to be made! Comes with the territory I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This whole card is really cute, Barb, from the fabulous e/f to the sediment to the perfectly colored happy ducky!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm new to the whole blog, challenge thing and totally enjoying meeting people via blogging and seeing everyones creations. This one is soooooo cute and I really, really like how you did the inside. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete