Wednesday, August 6, 2014

CASOLOGY: Week 107 STRIPE




Whenever we are driving on our local freeway there is one location by Costco where the wires are loaded with birds.  I mentioned to the mister that there are always birds in this location and he said he noticed it too, and that he heard a woman feed the birds in an adjacent empty field.  Sounds logical but I would hate to park my card nearby. I often thought I should make a card of this sight so here it is.

First I rubbed distress ink on my craft mat and spritzed with water.  Four times I inked up a brush stroke stamp leaving space between each.  When the ink was dry I stamped and heat embossed the birds, and then stamped the sentiment. This piece was matted onto black cardstock and then using mounting tape I attached it to a white base cardstock.

Ink - Distress Tumbled Glass, Versafine Onyx Black 
Stamps - SU! Work of Art, Sweet Stamp Shop Sentimental Birds, Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies
Paper - Staples white cardstock, SU! black cardstock
Other - clear embossing powder, mounting tape





8 comments:

  1. great card...love how you did the bkg.
    Thanks for the visit to my blog.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card inspiration, so clever and just so beautiful. I love it and I am calling this card a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous interpretation of 'stripe'. I have seen birds like this, and often thought about the cars parked beneath. Great inking, too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your inspiration story! Great idea for stripes! Beautiful card ! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I think you have a winner here! I love how you did the sky and must try that. It worked perfectly as a backdrop for your Costco birds on the wires!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sitting in the dentist office in Big Bear Lake waiting to have my teeth cleaned. Reading your note made me laugh out loud -

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've captured the scene so perfectly, Barb ... the subtle sky is fabulous with the silhouette wires and birds! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative take on the cue word...and what a great story behind it! (Yes, you must be carseful where you park!) I must try that inking technique...I love how it turned out! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete