
Did you ever have one of those days when you did not want to stop creating? Tomorrow I am teaching a technique class for my card group and I will show them how to use ink and an embossing folder. I learned about this neat use of embossing folders from Karen Dunbrook and now I will show my group how to do it too. I chose three folders and created three cards but then I decided to play some more and chose to CASE a card by HEY THERE...ROSIGRL! (Rosemary).
I inked the EF with Peeled Paint, spritzed with water and lightly pressed onto a piece of white card stock. When the ink was completely dry I stamped and heat embossed two different stamps with Versafine. I mounted the paper onto black cardstock. The base is Certainly Celery and the angled piece is designer paper. I mounted the image with mounting tape and decided to fill in the white space with a sticker sentiment and lastly added some blink into the center of the clocks.
Supplies - Paper SU!: Whisper White, Black, Certainly Celery, DSP
Ink - Versafine, Distress Ink: Peeled Paint
Stamps - Unity "Tomorrow Is Today's Dream," freebie clock stamp
Other - embossing powder, sentiment sticker (Paper Studio), Kaiser Pewter Pearls (bling)
.jpg)
Fabulous texture on this! Love that honeycomb effect, layered with other images.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you played along with us at Seize The Sketch. :) Have a great day!
What a great technique and it gives so much dimension to your card.
ReplyDeleteThe ink on the embossing folder gives a really great look. I love the distressed look of the ink. I'll have to give that a try some time! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the technique, Barbara! Love the colors and you ended up with a perfect collage style card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card! Love the collage technique!
ReplyDeleteI love this technique by Karen D. and you made such an amazing card with it!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card! I love this style and the stamped images, an amazing look.
ReplyDeleteI really love the collage on your main panel, really superb work!!
ReplyDeleteWow, you've used this technique so beautifully, Barb ... such gorgeous greens and lovely layers! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful card! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a wonderful way to showcase this technique! A great card! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, and a great example of this technique! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to try this technique and your gorgeous card has inspired me to give it a try!!
ReplyDeletelove it....well done....great colour. Isn't it so fun!
ReplyDeleteLove your card. I had a play with this technique but was stuck in bed on Monday so too late to join the challenge I made it for. It is good fun, so will try again.:)
ReplyDeleteI taught this technique last Friday to a group of women and they all loved it. Our favorite EF was numbers and it is perfect for kids. Hope you are feeling better.
DeleteLove the green and black combination with the collage effect.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool effect you created with this technique! Lovely card :)
ReplyDelete