Saturday, July 5, 2014

Seize the Birthday: STARS AND STRIPES


This is not my usual style of card, no copics or embossing folder. I used a stamp from a friend and stamped it and then I noticed there were some musical notes on the image. Since son #1 has a birthday next month and because he has a minor in music I decided I would make him a card and submit it to Seize the Birthday. 



First I stamped some stripes on the image using two colors of distress ink using a stamp from MFT and then gave a spritz of water.  Next I stamped happy birthday on the side of the image and adhered two adhesive stars. This image was mounted onto black cs. I found a piece of vellum sheet music and I photocopied it onto neenah paper and trimmed it to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and attached it to another piece of neenah. The main image was mounted at an angle, I trimmed the corner and mounted it. This is a wonky-type card for me but I am sure my son will like it although he may comment that the notes are both right side and upside down. The stamp image looks like an old report card and the musical notes probably refer to a grade in music.

Stamps - Tim Holtz grunge stamp (name unknown), My Favorite Things "Watercolor Backdrops,"   Paper Smooches "Sentiment Sampler"
Paper - Neenah, SU! Black, Paper Studio Vellum Sheet Music
Ink - Memento, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean
Other - Paper Studio adhesive stars, mounting tape





4 comments:

  1. Love, love your card! From what I can see this totally looks like your style, you really nailed it. So sweet and so fun. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, Barb ... love the black and white with the stripes in blue! Like you, wonky is a new concept to me ... and this is such a great take on it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever Barb! Love your use of the music background and color!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, Barb! I like how you've coloured the panel with the watercolour backdrop stamp. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete