Sunday, July 6, 2014

CARD DRIVE FOR EMMA STRONG

In March I was made aware of a card drive for a seven year old girl who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. I sent six cards to the young woman who is handling the collection of cards. Patti of stationeryStyles has posted a request for more cards as the card drive ends shortly. On my blog I am posting three cards I made this weekend and hopefully anyone who reads my posts may also want to contribute. Honestly I do not know how to send you directly to the card drive but you will find the information at kellybertram.blogspot.com.





The cards I make are either given to friends, charitable groups or people I know of who are battling cancer. On a personal note nine years ago I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and during my treatment people placed me on prayer chains and sent cards. The cards I received from people I didn't even know really touched me. I am paying it forward by donating my handmade cards. Receiving a thank you card from someone who is really struggling with their disease overwhelms me. I am blessed that my cancer was not life-threatening and I am fine. Also my grandchildren, one the age of Emma, are all healthy. Thanks and God Bless.  Barb 



4 comments:

  1. These are such sweet cards, Barb ... what a gem you are making them and highlighting this little girl's struggle. Prayers heading her way. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a yummy trio of sweet cards. So darn cute and I am sure they will all bring a smile to sweet Emma's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely cards, and you are so kind to send so many cards to those who are in need of lifted spirits. I have sent some cards to Emma before, but did not know that the drive was still on. Inspired by you, I am going to try to make a few more. So glad that you are healthy now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good person, Barb, and a true inspiration! I'm sorry to hear that you had to battle through your own cancer, but delighted that you are fine and healthy now. Your cards for Emma are all perfect and cheerful, as I'm sure all your charitable cards are! It's always such a wonderful feeling dropping 'thinking of you' cards in the mail to those who are having a tough time. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete