
Last night we hosted twenty people on our patio for a wine party. This was our first time and I worked for two days making sure the yard looked great and it did. But boy oh boy is this bod out of shape and for two mornings in a row I woke up hurting. So today I decided I was going to play and I got out containers of previously colored pieces of art and decided to create.
This card is for Seize the Birthday and it is on the CAS side but it is dramatic. The butterfly had been stamped on paper that had been inked and watercolored and it was stamped with memento ink and then die cut. In the center of the butterfly I applied black stickles and I used wink of stella randomly. The background piece was stamped with brushstroke stamps from SU! and MFT on white card stock and the sentiment was added. Tiny drops of wink of stella were placed sparingly. The butterfly was attached with mounting tape onto the background paper and then attached to a piece of SU! elegant eggplant and then a second piece of white cardstock.
Paper - SU! Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Stamps - MFT Winged Beauties, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, MFT Abstract Art, SU! Gorgeous Grunge
Ink - Memento, Distress Dusty Concord, Spun Sugar
Die - MFT Winged Beauties
Other - Wink of Stella, mounting tape
http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2014/08/anything-goes-birthday.html
.jpg)
Love those splats behind the beautiful butterfly !
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun party....I know how much work it is to get ready ,glad you took some time to relax.
Another beauty, Barb!! I love how dramatic it looks! Your party sounds like a treat and I'm sure the sore muscles were worth the result and the fun!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteOh good, Barb, didn't have to wait long for more! Yep, this is so dramatic ... and full of energy and movement ... brilliant! Your wine party sounds fun! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, I know what you mean about working hard in the yard and then feeling it later in the bones! Yikes! Good thing you had some paper play time as therapy. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for leaving comments at my blog; that is so sweet of you. :) I'm a little late coming to thank you!
Oooo, forgot to say I liked that pink and purple palette with a butterfly. Can't get enough of those pretty winged creatures. :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I thought I'd visit and say a little hello and have found that you make the most beautiful CAS cards! Your design here is so effective, brilliant!
ReplyDeleteI hope to see you around! Best wishes,
Ingrid xxx
I love how you worked the base with strokes and splashes of color :) beautiful card !
ReplyDeletevery nice card! Love this design and have a similar one in the works. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!!
ReplyDeleteLovely card! I really like the artsy look and the butterfly makes a wonderful focal point. Very pretty! I appreciate you leaving a comment on my blog, thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, love that butterfly and the splashes of ink behind it! Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday this week :)
ReplyDelete