Wednesday, August 13, 2014

CASology: Week 108 M A G I C




For this CASology cue word of magic took some thinking.  I decided rabbit pulled from a hat was a good choice and I set out to find a rabbit stamp, done.  The hat was more difficult and I went to google and looked up top hat and made a sketch and cut it out, no good.  Next I looked at all my dies and found this tag die which I cut in black cardstock, trimmed it and added the brim.  The rabbit I stamped onto a piece of ivory cardstock and colored the inner ear with pigment ink and then it was fussy cut. These two pieces were attached to a piece of neenah and then I stamped the sentiment and the asteriks and added bling.  This piece was mounted onto a second piece of neenah with mounting tape.

Stamps - MFT CK Funny Bunny, Avery Elle Oh Happy Day (sentiment)
Paper - Neenah, SU! black, naturals ivory
Ink - Memento, Inkadinkado Pigment Ink (warm pastels), SU! certainly celery
Die - PTI Tag Sale #8
Other - Kaisercraft rhinestones mint green, mounting tape



8 comments:

  1. You are genius. I tried creating my own black hat and had absolutely NO luck! This looks awesome!!! :) Love those little bunny ears peeking out! Absolutely adorable!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really clever, and you thought of it so quickly! Love how creative you got to make the hat. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo is right!!!! Wonderfully done, so FUN and Magical!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever you are to have made the hat! And this card is just adorable! Such a cute and creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, a perfect take on the cue...the old bunny pulled from the hat trick! Wonderfully magical, sweet card! Look at those cute bunny ears! I love that sentiment, too. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Barb, this is so creative and clever! What a fantastically magical idea ... just has me smiling ... love those sweet bunny ears! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winner!! You certainly are in my book with this adorable and creative card for the challenge word!! Well done, Barb!! Sorry I am just getting to your question of three days ago about where the Hero Arts factory is and I see that you looked it up. I don't think it's worth a trip over from MV, but you can keep it in the back of your mind if you ever go to the City or Berkeley. (If that ever happens, check the hours too as they are very limited.)

    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I love your adorable take on the cue word, Barbara, and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete