
I have competed in card challenges for a year and a half and concentrated on only two. Lately I have expanded to other challenges primarily because I have mastered submitting my cards (I think). It has been a journey for me and I have struggled but patience from the mister who knows jack-diddly about PC's, he is a MAC snob, and my granddaughter who lives far away, I now feel confident to venture beyond CAS. What I mean is it would take me an hour to submit one card so I would not do more than two cards in a week. This card is for Seize the Sketch and I like this new way of creating.
Last week I saw card-making friends who commented that my cards don't look like "me," meaning they are not colored with copics and have at least four layers of paper. I tried to explain that I am expanding my creativeness and it is not only a lot of fun but I am happy with my accomplishments. I reach a milestone birthday at the end of the year and I am pleased with my growth in cardmaking - you can teach an old dog new tricks.
This card for Seize the Sketch uses pieces I had previously made like the butterflies and the background paper. When everything was assembled I took a couple of photos but they did not look good so I added dot and dash lines to the outline of each butterfly. The center is black stickles. I used one of my remaining pieces of SU! apricot appeal cardstock, this is a discontinued color but it is nice shade of yellow/orange.
Paper - leftovers, white cardstock, SU! apricot appeal
Ink - Distress spiced marmalade, SU! pumpkin pie, real red, Versafine
Punch - SU! butterfly
Embossing folder - honeycomb
Stamp - Paper Smooches "Flap Happy." Unity "Bitty Background"
Other - mounting tape, Stickles, Wink of Stella
.jpg)
So glad to see that your card making journey has included the Seize the Sketch challenge. I love the wonderful distressed look of your card. And butterflies always add a nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Sketch!
ReplyDeleteYou go, girl!! I'm so delighted that you are expanding your creative horizons and stepping outside the CAS box! This is really magnificent, so you obviously have a talent for cart art with lots of texture and depth!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you were hung up on entering your cards in challenges. I'm happy to help (even via phone for a walk-through which is sometimes easiest) for things like that. Hugs, Darnell
Good for you, Barb ... your enthusiasm for developing different styles shines through this fabulous card ... there's so much depth and movement! Looking forward to seeing more! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteI LIKE those dots and dashes you placed on each butterfly! I think that really makes them pop, even though they were already pretty. The honeycomb background looks good with them, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at Seize The Sketch!
Oh wow! Love the washes BG :)
ReplyDeleteI meant water color washed background :) sorry for the typing error
ReplyDelete