Monday, August 25, 2014

Seize the Sketch - A Fond Farewell




Sadly this will be the last post for Seize the Sketch. Although I have only been submitting cards to this challenge for a couple of months it has become one of my favorites. I really like this sketch and thought of this design quickly and finally found the time to put it together. Thank you Lesley and design team members for a fun and creative adventure.

First I die cut the two squares and then stamped with VersaMark the images and then heat embossed with white. It became an adventure to find white embossing powder. The two images were attached to a piece of white card stock and then I punch a hole in the corner and attached the cute pewter snowflake brad.  The next layer was  embossed with a snowflakes embossing folder and then this was attached to the base layer.

Stamps - SU! Happy Winter
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Snowflakes
Brad - Paper Source
Paper - SU! black, PTI white cardstock
Die Cut - MFT Pierced Square

Note: This was the first stamp set I purchased when I became a SU! demonstrator almost ten years ago (retired for five years). Also for my first workshop this was the stamp set I used.



3 comments:

  1. I love this card!! I really love how you embossed white on the dark cs. Beautiful pop of color against your delicate embossing : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, crisp and fresh and so fabulous, Barb ... love the texture and the white on black embossing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and way to get a start on the Christmas cards early!!! Thanks for joining us for our finial sketch on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete