Monday, August 11, 2014

Seize the Birthday - Monochromatic Yellow



This card for Seize the Birthday contains two of my newest purchases.  I am very fond of My Favorite Things and was fortunate to visit their store in Eustis, Florida this summer and purchased a few items.  This past week they had a sale and I purchased more of their stock namely the stamp and die sets of this hibiscus.  Hopefully tomorrow our gardeners will be planting a hibiscus in our yard although I requested orange.  Over the weekend I made a quick stop at one of the nicer JoAnn stores, many are not acceptable, and they had Darice embossing folders 5 for $10.  I am not one to pass up a good deal despite the fact that I have way to many folders and all of the folders I bought were ones I did not have (I hope).  I chose this musical note folder because it seemed to fit well with a birthday card.  I used the layout from Seize the Sketch #24 which I like.

All of the paper is SU! and all of the dies are MFT.  First I had to go to Splitcoast Stampers and find out how the die set went together and then I proceeded to stamp and die cut.  I am not sure if you should die cut and then stamp.  I die cut the fishtail and then stamped the sentiment and then assembled the flower.  I embossed daffodil delight cardstock with the musical note folder.  The base card is SU! designer paper.

Die Cuts - MFT Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, Tropical Sensations
Stamps - MFT Tropical Sensations, Morningstar Stamps (sentiment)
Ink - SU! Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Paper - SU!, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Designer Series
Other - Memento ink, mounting tape



4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love the colors and the fun embossing folder. 5 for $10 -- what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love that fancy flower. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and cheerful birthday card, Barb ... the star-of-the-show hibiscus is so deliciously bright and vibrant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card gives out such happy and cheerful vibes, Barb.Just Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete