Thursday, March 3, 2016

CAS Mix Up Card Challenge March 2016


Stamping - Watercolor - Embossing - Die Cut

This is my entry for the first CAS Mix Up challenge. I chose a piece of background paper that I previously made using the embossing folder, ink and water technique. For the butterfly I used VersaMark and gold embossing powder and fussy cut. I die cut the background piece and adhered it to red card stock and attached to the base card. I stamped and heat embossed the NBUS sentiment. Lastly I attached the butterfly with pop ups.http://casmixup.blogspot.com/2016/03/cas-mix-up-march-challenge.html

Stamps - MFT "Winged Beauties", Paper Smooches "Fun & Flirty"
Die Cut - MFT Vertical Stitched Strip
Embossing Folder - SU! Vine Street
Embossing Powder - Ultra Detail EP Gold
Ink - VersaMark, SU! Riding Hood Red
Paper - Michael's 60#, 110#, SU! Riding Hood Red




9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Babs! Love the embossing folder background --- so artsy and creative. And your butterfly is gorgeous embossed in gold on red. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Babs, fab stamping and embossing too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb, A gorgeous background! I've got to try that technique! And your gold butterfly is so elegant! I'm so glad you shared this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I have never seen the watercolor with an embossing template!! That is the perfect folder it really looks like you water colored it! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've done the background Babs - I thought it was a piece of patterned paper! Gorgeous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich and luscious, Barb ... the gold embossed butterfly looks gorgeous with the red vine background ... just lovely! Bon dimanche! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty card, Barb! How fun that Loll and Bonnie have come up with this great new challenge for us ~ your card is spot on for it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Barb...wishing you a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete