Saturday, February 27, 2016

CASology: Week 186 "DISTRESS"


My very first thought for the cue word was the loss of a pet. Recently a friend lost her cat and she was devastated and I know the feeling. As card makers we always seem to be in need of a sympathy card and as we age we need them more often. Having said that I think it is nice to have a couple of sympathy cards specifically for pets. I have chosen an image from Paper Smooches and a sweet sentiment from Unity.
I die cut the image and then stamped and then colored with copics. SU! ink was lightly applied to part of the card front and then I dropped a small amount of water. The dog was applied with mounting tape, and then I stamped the sentiment.

Stamps - Paper Smooches "Chubby Chums," Unity - "...may hope sustain you."
Die - Paper Smooches "Chums"
Ink - Memento, Copics, SU! Soft Sky
Paper - Neenah


I made a second card and this will go to my friend whose furry friend has passed.




8 comments:

  1. Your cards are darling - and just perfect for expressing sympathy to those who have lost furry friends. It IS devastating.

    I especially like the subtle background behind your pup. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are smart to have pet sympathy cards on hand. I'm sure your friend will appreciate your card. Both cards are wonderful, and I thank you for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thoughtful, Barb ... what sweet cards to lift a friends spirits after the loss of a beloved pet. Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. I agree, I have been trying to make a few extra sympathy cards lately to have around and having some for pets would be good too. Thanks for the idea on how to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet!!! You're right, pet sympathy cards are good to have on hand! This is just adorable!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on this challenge, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I'm so late getting to this, Barb. Your sweet cards are perfect for such a sad occasion! They will bring a lot of comfort and a smile at the same time! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete