Stamps (2), Embossing Folder, Paper
Yesterday I taught "smooshing" to my beginning card making class (yikes) and this was one example I made. Today I decided to finish the card and so I am submitting it to Darnell's challenge. I used 140# watercolor paper and distress inks and the NBUS cactus stamp. Today I trimmed the image and adhered it to black and tempting turquoise papers and stampd the sentiment. The base card is NBUS SU! cucumber crush (cool color) which I embossed with my new NBUS embossing folder (I love it). I touched up the cactus flower with a DI Picked Raspberry marker and a dab of water, Wink of Stella and an orange rhinestone.
Stamps - Studio G (no name, $1.50 at Michael's), Paper Smooches "Delightful Greetings"
Paper - 140# watercolor, SU! black, tempting turquoise, cucumber crush
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Kitchen Weave"
Ink - Distress Inks, VersaFine
Other - Wink of Stella, rhinestone (Michael's), mounting tape


Wonderful smooshed background, and I do not know why I am paying $24 to PTI for stamps when you can get such great ones from Michaels at $1.50. Fantastic card, and I'll bet your class was a great success and loads of fun.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet your class loved learning to smooch, Barb! It is my all-time favorite technique. Way to go using all those NBUS items on this cute card! I think that e/f is a particularly brilliant choice with the cactus!! Thank you for for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteThat must've been such a fun class, Barb! Your smooshed background is delicious ... love that the cactus is uncoloured save for that sweet bloom ... such fabulous detailing! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteFabulous card...and wonderful smooshing too! Love your sweet cactus.
ReplyDeleteI'd even take a hug from an adorable "rainbowed" cactus!
ReplyDelete