Monday, October 5, 2015

CASology Week 166: SCIENCE


This card  I made last week but did not have time to post it until now as we were out of town.
  I just want to say we had some much needed rain yesterday and it is raining right now.  My thoughts go to those of you who are being ravaged with rain, winds and flooding.  Californians know that this could be a year of a lot of rain which can bring havoc to those areas that have been hit by fire and flooding and landslides can occur.  Our state is suffering the worse drought in history.  In our area we can only water twice a week and there is mandatory state rationing.  Funny as it may sound, son #2 has let his lawn go dry and has spray painted it and it looks fine from the street. Eventually he will install fake grass which can be pricey.

My card has a cheap stamp from Michael's $1.50 bin, and the sentiment stamp cost almost five times as much, but it is cute.  After stamping and coloring I die cut the image.  Next I embossed a second piece of cs and then die cut it.  The two pieces were attached and the paper trimmed before attaching to a third piece of white cs.  That is it, no bling but I did add some Glossy Accents to the bubbles.

Stamps - Craft Smart (Michael's), Lockhart Stamps (#10044) sentiment
Die Cut - Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle
Embossing Folder - Quick Cut - Polka Dot Large
Paper - Neenah
Ink - Copics, Memento
Other - Glossy Accents

 

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I love that price comparison on the two stamps! They combine beautifully to make a perfectly CAS card! As for grass watering - I live in Toronto, where we generally don't have to ration water (we have had limited watering days some summers). I've come to look at lush, green lawns as a waste of water - funny how perceptions change over time, isn't it?! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scientific images are fantastic, and I cannot believe how inexpensive they are. Just goes to show that a person should always be on the lookout for stamps everywhere, and you never know when you will need something. Perfectly colored, and I like your white layers and texture. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun science project, Barb! Glad you're getting some rain. We had a lot of rain the past couple of weeks but not too much where we live. The coastal area was hit hard. My DH would love to let the grass die and paint the dirt green. Personally, I like grass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky science ... how brilliant, Barb! Those little images and tiny sentiment are fabulous against all that texture-y white! Good to hear you've had some rain ... hope it's been gentle and not too much! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete