Saturday, October 31, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #210



For this Christmas card I have used a punch and an embossing folder.  The bird punch is from SU! and the wood embossing folder is Paper Studio, and the sentiment is MFT.  I began by punching the birds in red cardstock, the leaves in green and the wings in designer paper.  They were attached to a piece of white embossed cs that I trimmed.  I used the Misti to stamp the sentiment and then heat embossed.  After attaching the bird piece to the base card I attached black crystals for the eyes.

Paper - SU! designer paper, Michael's white, red and green card stock
Punch - SU! Bird Builder
Embossing Folder - Paper Studio "Woodgrain"
Stamp - MFT "Christmas"
Ink - VersaFine
Other - Zing! Clear Embossing Powder, Bling (Michael's)


5 comments:

  1. The birds are so cute! I love the paper you used for the wings and the sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card! I love how you used the DSP for the bird's wings and the woodgrain panel behind the birds was a great idea, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fresh, and colorful CC, Babs, full of texture! I love your interpretation of the sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cardinals are fabulous against the woodgrain, Barb ... lovely traditional colours ... and wonderful white space! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet...love your trio of beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete