I have been gone for five days and so I am hurrying to get a card submitted to this challenge. Although at one time I had a candy corn stamp it has disappeared so instead I am using an image that was in the UFO box. Also I used a snippet of purple paper and a leftover cobweb from a class. The purple yarn was given to me when I went to a yarn store. The stamp set is Inky Antics "Halloween Hijinx," an oldie but cute images.
I kinda feel like I won the lottery. Why? Well I had the pleasure of meeting the one and only DARNELL. We were visiting our son and family in northern California and Darnell lives about an hours drive from our son. My sweet mister dropped me off at Darnell's but they spoke long enough to realize they are both Iowans (great people). The time went by quickly but we had fun gabbing and looking at all her stuff (I did not see the NBUS pile), and checking out the locations in her back yard where she takes her great card snapshots. Darnell looks exactly like her photos with her beautiful smile.
I just want to say she is so dang cute, check out the plaid Keds.
Your card and tag are so cute! That little image is darling and I love the thick yarn! My favorite detail is the partial cut circle with the little spider dangling down! What a treat that the two of you got to meet! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteOh, you naughty girl posting a full-body shot of me! Actually, it is kinda cute. That's when I was asking Cal why he was pointing the camera at our .... never mind! I see now he was just liking my Keds! Your last-minute card doesn't look the least-bit last-minute, Babs! I love the green bg, and the cobweb, and the kitty in the witch's hat! I especially like the chomped out circle to showcase the spider, too!! It was great to meet you, my friend! Happy Halloween! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteI needed to get a card posted so I could show off you and the Keds. The elephant card is sooooo cute - lucky me.
DeleteYou girls look just gorgeous, Barb ... how fantastic you got to meet and spend some precious time together ... and that you got to explore the playhouse ... wow! Bet you can't wait to do it again! Your card's adorable ... such a cute cat in the hat (hahaha) ... fabulous with that sweet little spider! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteYou go Barb!!! I love that full body shoot of Darnell, just so sweet and I do love her plaid kicks! Now on to your fabulous card...just love it.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute tag, thanks for playing along with us at Tag You're It Challenge.
ReplyDeleteI love this tag. you may have lost your Candy Corn stamp, but this poor little guy has the same shaped outline cowering underneath that hat. Brilliant :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Tag You're It. x
I'm green with envy that the two of you had a chance to meet! Fabulous photo and I know the time spent will be treasured! Your last-minute card is dynamite! The kitten is utterly darling, spider is wonderfully cute, and the web is simply marvelous! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Tag You're It gallery!
ReplyDelete~c