Friday, October 9, 2015

Tag You're It Challenge #32

Displaying TYIC_GuestDesigner_Badge.png


I am tickled to be the guest designer for the Tag You're It Challenge #32  .  Despite the fact that I have way too many stamps, Santas were limited to three and one is on a surfboard.  But a sweet fellow card maker sent me some images last year and that is what I have used.  Thank you Judy M.


Displaying TYIC #32.png

I like how Kelly used the side of the card to place her Santa and I love polka dot paper.  I had intended to use Kraft paper, one of my favorites, but the red polka dot won.


The image had been previously stamped and die cut from Judy so I colored with Copics and used a GellyRoll pen.  Next I chose a die and cut it in white cs, then the cloud paper and then white again.  I tore the bottom piece to give the look of snow.  All the pieces were lined up and glued together and then I punched the top.  I stamped the sentiment in gold and heat embossed.  The tree was attached and I used mounting tape on Santa.  Before attaching the tag to the card base I used organza ribbon like Kelly and added a piece of grosgrain.

Stamps - MFT " Jingle All the Way," Purple Onion "Joy" (sentiment)
Ink - Copics, GellyRoll (clear), VersaFine
Die Cut - Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Rectangle
Paper - Neenah, snippets
Other - embossing powder (gold), ribbon, mounting tape


http://tagyoureitchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/10/tag-youre-it-challenge-32.html

15 comments:

  1. Your jolly santa is perfect Babs, and I love the polka dot paper too. Super festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Santa! So nice to have friends who share. I don't think I have any Santa images in all my stamp collection. That red polka dot paper is a great background to your scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the DT spot Barbara ! What a fun little santa scene you created! I used polka dot paper too. That santa makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at TYI. Your card is fun and festive. Wonderfully colored in happy and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa, we both used the same stamp set for this challenge. I just love this happy Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute love the Santa and the Polka Dotted card! Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Tag Your It! challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute love the Santa and the Polka Dotted card! Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Tag Your It! challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. I love your little Santa scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Barb ... delighted to see you guest designing at TYI! What a gorgeous Santa ... you've created such a lovely christmas scene! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your card....and congrats! That Santa is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable, your happy dancing Santa! The polka dot paper: yep, deserved to 'win'! Perfect background for your sweet tag! So delighted that you're our GD for this challenge!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, WOW! You colored that Santa perfectly, and what a sweet scene you created! I love the torn edge of the paper for snow...brilliant! So glad you were able to use the Santa for your project...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet Santa scene - the polka dot background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun Santa! Love the scene you've created with him! Congratulations on being asked to be the GD! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet Santa and I am glad to have you as a guest designer over at Tag You're It.

    ReplyDelete