This card uses two die cuts and some brusho colored background paper. I die cut the solid die and then used wink of stella, and then die cut the cut out butterfly die from the same paper. Next on a piece of white textured paper I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and the flight lines and attached the butterfly. This was attached with mounting tape to a piece of white cs.
Die Cuts - Memory Box Oriel Butterfly, Memory Box Lunette Butterfly
Paper - PTI white, snippet of white, Brusho colored watercolor paper
Stamp - Paper Smooches Flap Happy
Other - Gold Ink and Gold embossing powder

I read on a SCS post of a nine year old boy who is recovering in the hospital with burns over at least 50% of his body. His aunt is requesting cards sent to him to cheer him up. Making and sending cards to hospitalized and seriously ill people is what keeps me happy and my way of paying it forward. My eldest grandson will turn nine on Tuesday so this story is even more touching to me. I am sending my card to:
Alex
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City Kansas 66160
The inside reads "You Rock." Alex likes to skateboard.


The background paper of your butterfly is lovely!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, love the colours on the butterfly. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology
ReplyDeleteThat butterfly is just capturing the joy of flight - the colours and movement are just gorgeous. I know that your skateboard card will be a help for that little boy - wow what a recovery he has ahead of him - it's wonderful that you can do something to bring a smile! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!
ReplyDeletefantastic looking butterfly mf.
ReplyDeleteLove the skateboard card...sure to cheer him up, such a terrible recovery for that little guy!
Two wonderful cards. Love your double butterfly. So very pretty. And, your card for Alex is perfect for a little boy. What a kind thing for you to do. Do you have a link for that SCS post?
ReplyDeleteSorry I could not find it, I have trouble with their website and find it not easy to search.
ReplyDeleteHobby Lobby San Marcos is set to open around August 17. :)
What a beautiful butterfly! I love how you've added the flight lines! Love the skateboarder and I'm sure Alex is going to love it! What a terrible thing for him to have to go through! So kind of you to bless him this way.
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous butterfly, Barb ... the layers are just beautiful! What a fun card for Alex ... it's sure to cheer him as he goes through his tough recovery ... a special way to pay it forward! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteSuper sweet! Love the butterfly and perfect sentiment !!! Sweet charming boy card to bring some cheer, AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at CASology this week - sure hope you check out our next challenge tomorrow!!! - Yay!!
This is absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDelete