Sunday, August 16, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch: #136


Following the current sketch I made this card for a special person who has had some health issues lately and I hope this will bring a smile to her face. One thing I really like doing is using up a piece of background paper I have made and this is what this piece is. Now I am not sure of the colors but I did use the Vine Street embossing folder which is one of my very favorites. I die cut this piece mounted it onto green card stock  and then die cut the carnation (NBUS) out of a snippet of textured paper. After assembling these three layers I added the sentiment (NBUS).

Paper - Michael's white cardstock, SU! Garden Green, Background Paper (hand made)
Embossing Folder - SU! Vine Street
Die Cuts - MFT Stitched Vertical Strip, Die-Namites "Blooming Carnation"
Stamp - Paper Smooches "Healthy Vibes"

7 comments:

  1. Hello OH Babs: Thank you for your sweet comment on my CAS(E) this Sketch card, I appreciate it so much. I'm so happy you stopped by because it brought me to your blog.
    I love your interpretation of this sketch, the background looks like you heat embossed it, so beautiful!! and the die cut carnation is a lovely detail.
    I'm really enjoying having a blog, I'm very new at this, I just started last December 9th. but I'm really having tons of fun and I've met a lot of fabulous crafters like you.
    Thanks again and I hope you come back soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Barb ... such a wonderful background ... the soft colours are so calming ... and that white carnation is just beautiful! Certain to lift your friend's spirits! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Barb! I love how you've used that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely, Babs! You did a beautiful job of designing your own bg! I love how light and airy it is, just the ticket for bringing a smile to the recipient!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card, and I can see why you love that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card...love your inking and that white flower is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining Case this sketch

    ReplyDelete