Tuesday, July 28, 2015

MERRY Monday #167 Hearts



I went through all of my Christmas stamps and had none with a heart, except for this stamp which had a row of hearts. So I put the sentiment and hearts aside and decided to use two owls. First I diecut and stamped two images and then die cut two more from two snippets of designer paper, and I fussy cut just the scarves. The owls were colored with copics and then I attached the scarves. Next I die cut the heart, the tree limb and the sentiment. The white cardstock was embossed with a small heart folder. First I attached the white piece to the red base card, and then began gluing the pieces onto the white piece. Lastly I mounted the two owls.

Stamps - Lawn Fawn "Winter Owl"
Die Cuts - Lawn Fawn "Winter Owl," Lil Inkers Heart and
"Joy", MFT "Branch with Leaves"
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Small Hearts" (which is/was part of a set)
Paper - SU! Real Red, Whisper White and snippets
Copics - E11,13, 31, 33, 35, 37 and N5
Other - Tombo liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals





10 comments:

  1. Well, you can bet that I have fallen hard for this adorable card. Not one but two owls, with adorable paper pieced scarves and perfectly colored. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Love the owls with the heart in the background!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little owls with their Christmas scarves are adorable, Barb! Love that big heart behind them! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what a sweet card! Love those scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just sooo sweet, Barb ... your little owl couple in their cosy scarves are so cute against that fabulous heart ... and surrounded by all those little texture-y ones! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute..love the little owls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute..love the little owls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable...just love your sweet pair of owls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card design was very clever, Babs! You put a great deal of thought and time into your fun design and it shows! I love it!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, I love it. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete