Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge SPARKLE



There are times when I lie awake in the wee small hours of the morning thinking about a card, so sometimes I get up and start creating. That is what happened yesterday and my thoughts came together to make yet another Christmas card. I began by using a small heart punch and randomly placed the stars, and it looked okay. Next I stamped the tree with silver ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I attached silver paper to the blue base card and then attached the tree/star image. The inside of the card was stamped and heat embossed and I added a strip of silver paper.

 

Stamps - Michael Strong "Cloisonne Christmas Tree", MFT "Holiday Botanicals" (sentiment)
Ink - Colorbox Pigment Silver, VersaMark
Paper - SU! Not Quite Navy, The Paper Studio Solid Glitter Silver
Other - Star Punch, Clear embossing powder



6 comments:

  1. This lovely blue & silver card has such a serene feel about it. I just love this cloissonne tree, and I remember Michael Strong from the old Carol Duval show. The silver embossing with the silvery glitter paper showing through the cutouts of the stars, is just a beautiful look. Definitely sparkles. Thanks for joining in with the HLS Sparkle Christmas Challenge. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Babs!! Love the silver paired with the beautiful shade of blue. The shimmer paper is so sparkly, and the heat embossed tree and sentiment are sparkly too. Great card ... loved the punched star sky! :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour combo, Barb ... shimmery silver with that fabulous blue ... all crisp and sparkly and frosty ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all this sparkle and shine! The contrast with the blue card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Babs...love your star background and your Christmas tree is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sparkliness of the the background peaking through the stars... and how you carried it through to the inside of your card... great job.. thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge x

    ReplyDelete