Sunday, August 23, 2015

Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge for August



Recently I was instructing some frineds on Copic markers. I am adamant that new card makers not go out and spend a lot of money until they know exactly what peaks their interest. The two ladies had purchased Copics and begun to play with them so I told them I would gladly show them some techniques. This image was to illustrate that you can get by with just one marker. Did that slow them down with their buying frenzy? No. They loved coloring with Copics even more and I doubt they ever used just one Copic, but it can be done and I think it looks good.
This SU! image was stamped twice using Memento ink on Neenah paper and colored with six individual Copic markers. I also colored parts of the lanterns and the ribbon with a silver Gellyroll pen. After trimming the image I attached it to green card stock and stamped the sentiment.

Stamps - SU! "Today & Everyday," sentiment name unknown
Copics - R22, YR14, Y32, YG13, B91, V04 and Memento Ink
Paper - Neenah, SU! Green Galore, PTI White card stock

 

9 comments:

  1. Great colouring Babs! Love the shading you've achieved with only one shade of each colour. I think I need a lesson from you! You have found THE perfect sentiment for this image ... so adorable! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Loll I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Loll I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need lessons from you also. Although I can guarantee that I will be like your friends, and want to buy more colors than you say I 'need'. (tee hee) Love how you colored these lanterns and they make such a wonderfully festive banner. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a winner, Babs! Your coloring is divine!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous!!! Love you colouring! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you always do such amazing colouring, Barb ... this time it's particularly fabulous! The shading and sense of movement and dimension is just brilliant ... seems I could reach out and touch these lovely lanterns! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a fabulous job using just one marker for each lantern. The shading and highlights really show up well! This is the perfect image and sentiment for this months challenge. Thanks for joining the Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful lanterns!
    I love your colors!
    Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete