Sunday, August 23, 2015

CAS(E) this sketch! #137


Last week my card making group was making cards with sponged paper and die cuts. One of my friends gave me an interesting piece of natural speckled paper and I sponged it with three colors in  class.  Today I have been trying to clear my desk and finish projects so I decided to use this background paper for the challenge at CAS(e) this Sketch!.
I began by using a snippet of sponged blue paper and a piece of green card stock and die cut the word "happy" twice. I attached these two pieces and then with a heavy hand brushed on two coats of Glitter Glaze. The background paper was cut according to the sketch and then I die cut the leaf. Before attaching the word die I stamped the sentiment and then assembled the two pieces onto a piece of blue card stock.

Die Cuts - MFT "Happy Birthday," Paper Smooches "Foilage 1"
Paper - SU! Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Inks - Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Coastal Cabana (background paper), VersaFine
Stamp - MFT "Airplane Greetings"
Other - MFT Glitter Glaze Sheer Sparkle

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet and pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft, delicate and so pretty, Barb ... love the double colour stacked sentiment ... such a fabulous look! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this card is so pretty. love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Your sponged panel is so soft and pretty - love it!

    ReplyDelete