This card I made especially for DDIL #1, at age 45 she is returning to college to complete her Masters Degree. She stopped to have another baby and now is the time to get back to studying before her credits expire. Her eldest daughter begins her second year of college next month. I also returned to school in my forties when my sons were in high school. My eldest son and I graduated from college at the same time although different schools. This card is my way of letting her know I am proud of her. She is fortunate to have a husband who supports and encourages her.
I chose two NBUS stamps and a NBUS set of watercolor pencils. Kraft paper is one of my favorite looks and I stamped the image and colored with the pencils and then used an aqua painter. The sentiment inside is actual notebook paper.
Stamps - Purple Onion "Paislee Press Book Stack" MFT (sentiments)
Paper - SU! Kraft, notebook paper
Pencils/Ink - Derwent Inktense, VersaMark
Other - Aqua Painter



Great CAS card and what a sweet idea to support your friend...I'm sure she will love it! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOops! I deleted the message I was going to just say it is my daughter in law, I have boys. Sorry Irma.
DeleteI love CAS cards and this is one is perfect - the notebook paper on the inside is a nice touch.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is sure to love this special card from you, Babs. I'm sure you were an inspiration to her. Congrats to you both. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx
ReplyDeleteWow, congratulations to your DIL, Barb ... just the perfect CAS card to send her on her new academic adventure ... she'll love it, I'm sure! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your DIL for going for her masters. It is never too late. Your card for her is perfect!
ReplyDelete