
A couple of weeks ago our card making group demonstrated heat embossing to our newer members. I brought this old SU! stamp and white embossing powder and stamped and heat embossed the image and then set it aside. Last week I began to play with the image and first masked it and then began playing with distress inks. Again I set it aside and yesterday decided I should finish making the card. I was unhappy with my first attempt at a card for the cue word and chose a phone - phone line. Then when I saw the dolphins I decided this was my card as the image is full of lines starting with the sides and then the straight sun rays and finally the curvy wave lines. After trimming this piece I attached it to a piece of SU! Bermuda Bay paper and attached to the base card. I chose not to add a sentiment as I like the simplicity of the card.
Stamp - SU! (old set title unknown)
Ink - VersaMark, Distress Ink: Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans
Paper - SU! Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Other - Recollections Snow Embossing Powder

Hey Oh Babs!! I love all of the lines on your card. Such great detail!!Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fabulous technique, Babs! That stamp was a great choice for this week's Challenge, and the resist-embossing ideal. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASology!
ReplyDeleteWow, Barb .... this is simply gorgeous! LOVE all those yummy blues with the delicate dimensional white lines ... crisp, fresh, CASilicious! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteVery clever use of lines, Barb! Love the gorgeous background!
ReplyDeleteLots of lines on this card, and I love the colors and how you have blended them. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.
ReplyDeleteI think this design is so winning for the line challenge, Babs! And, of course, I love the coloring! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteThis is a GORGEOUS card!!! love the colors!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology -Sure hope you join us again this week! It will be a FUN one too!
ReplyDelete