Sunday, July 19, 2015

CASology: Week 155 CUPCAKE




It is a happy day in Southern California as we have received some much needed rain. Yesterday my town had just under 1 1/2 inches of rain and it will begin again later today and into tomorrow. I will be busy this week (4 days/nights) babysitting my two grandsons so I am posting a couple of cards before they arrive. Since it will be raining for two of the days we will keep busy playing board games, the mister and Jake (5) play Chess and I will teach Collin (8) Rummy Q. We love Racko but now Collin beats me so I will teach him a new game. Ohhh I am competitive.

I chose this NBUS set from Paper Smooches to make for this challenge. I began by stamping/heat embossing the sentiment. Next I stamped off the cupcake image before applying above "happy." Using two pieces of snippets paper I stamped and heat embossed the cupcake and then paper pieced this image. After assembling the card together I applied Glossy Accents on the pink frosting.

Stamp Set - Paper Smooches "Birthday Bash"
Paper - White card stock (Michael's), snippets
Other - Viva Pearl Pen - Cream, VersaFine, clear embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this - the paper pieced cupcake wrapper with stripes is the perfect little detail - very realistic! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Barb ... the GA frosting looks yummy ... as does all of that glorious white space! Enjoy your grandsons!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete