Tuesday, July 21, 2015

ATCAS: Chevron


This card for ATCAS starts with one of my favorite background paper techniques the embossing folder stamping method. On the open ef I applied three colors of distress ink, spritzed with water and then lightly tapped a piece of white card stock on top. When the ink was dry I stamped and heat embossed the horse/rider and the sentiment. I attached this to blue cs and then the entire piece onto a piece of SU! confetti white cs which is one of my all time favorites as I love the color imperfections in the paper.

Paper - SU! Whisper White, Pool Party, Confetti White
Ink - Distress Ink: Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Pumice Stone, VersaFine
Embossing Folder - Sizzix "Chevron"
Stamps - Horse came from a Red Rubber bin at a craft show, that cost about 50 cents a piece
 MFT "Cowgirl" (sentiment)
Other - Embossing Powder




















6 comments:

  1. Beautiful chevrons and out west card! I love the colors for this one Babs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used 3 colors for your chevrons and your horse and cowboy are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the broken and bi-colored chevron! Great cowboy stamp to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Babs! It is such a fun and simple technique with a very artsy result that looks like it took ages to accomplish!! Thanks for reminding me about it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, Barb ... the colour combo is great with those cool chevrons and fab image! This is a technique on my list of things to try ... just need to squeeze some more time out of each day to have a go at it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of chevron as a background for the main image, Barb. This is so cool technique - stamping with embossing folders! Thanks for sharing with us. -Sweet Kobylkin, ATCAS

    ReplyDelete