Sunday, July 12, 2015

CASology and Happy Little Stampers


Today I am submitting two cards for two different challenges. This card is for CASology with the cue word of repeat and this is the second card I am submitting for this challenge. Wednesday is our 48th wedding anniversary and typically we do nothing other than go out to eat (which we do numerous times in the course of a week). This will be special as we are taking the train from Carlsbad CA to San Diego about an hours trip. Once there we will go to a well known sea food restaurant for lunch and then a little trip to Blick's Art Supply. For the four years we have lived here I have wanted to take the train to SD but the mister was not interested, so I am happy. This card will be my anniversary card to my mister, not beautiful or romantic but the sentiment is sincere.

Paper - Neenah
Ink - Memento and Copics
Stamp - Unity "Smiley Hearts"
Other - Wink of Stella, Bakers Twine




This is my second card for today and this is for Happy Little Stampers and the theme of "Stamping."



For this card I stamped one image three times with three different colors of ink, a stroke or two of Wink of Stella and then stamped the hummingbird and heat embossed. The sentiment was also stamped and heat embossed. I mounted this design piece  onto a mat, then mounted it onto white card stock and lastly a touch of bling.

Paper - Michael's white card stock,  SU! Crisp Cantaloupe
Stamps - SU! "Work of Art", Michael Strong "Mini Cloisonnne Wings," Unity "Bundle of Care"
Ink - VersaFine, SU! Baja Breeze, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
Other - embossing powder, mounting tape, bling






9 comments:

  1. What a sweet little image Babs and I love the sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards Babs. LOVE your sweet row of hearts and the twine. And your multi-coloured background for your hummer is so pretty. Have a wonderful train trip and lunch out on your anniversary --- congrats!! A trip to Dick Blick sounds like a very fun way to round out the trip!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness--48 years! Congratulations! Have a wonderful train trip and excursion to Blick. I love that store, and could spend hours there (and have, I think). Love your card, and it is perfect for an anniversary card. Your 2nd card is also very pretty. I like your paint swooshes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, love those cute hearts. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this row of hearts with the sweet eyes! And the stamped hummingbird is wonderful. Love how you used the stamp behind to add the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these card are beautiful and I love the repeat! Happy 48th Anniversary to you both Babs, that is quite an accomplishment congratulations !!!!!! Have fun on the train,so nice of the mister to say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both your cards are fab--they make me smile! thanks for joining us!

    Toni
    HLS CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards .... love those little hearts, and the humming bird is just perfect for the CAS challenge. Thank you for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 48th anniversary, Barb ... how fantastic ... hope you had a wonderful train trip, lunch and loooong visit at Blick's! Love your card for your Mister ... cute, fun ... and it says it all! Lovely hummer against those swooshed swatches of colour ... deliciously CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete