Monday, July 27, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch! #133



I have really enjoying playing with Brushos this past week. For this card I switched to Distress Inks because I was looking for softer colors. I began by stamping various circle stamps with VersaMark and embossing with white embossing powder on watercolor paper. The ink was smeared on an acrylic block and then with a wet paint brush I picked up the colors and filled in the circles. When this process was done I spritzed the paper with water. On a craft mat I smooshed two colors of ink and sprayed with water then placed a snippet of wc paper on top and patted the paper lightly. This piece of paper when dry was die cut. A second die was cut with blue cs and the two pieces were glued together and then I applied Wink of Stella. The die was glued on to the focus piece and mounted onto a piece of blue cardstock and then the base card.

Paper - Strathmore #140 paper, Gina K blue, white
Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Blue, Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberries
Stamps - Stamplorations "Holiday Artsy," Large Circle - unknown company
Die - Paper Smooches "friend"
Other - VersaMark, white embossing powder, Wink of Stella



8 comments:

  1. Great design, Barb! Love these soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the color you added to the sentiment Babs!
    Thanks for playing at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun with inking and colors on this card. I see you have also succumbed to the Brushos trend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Barb ... those bubbles of gorgeous colour seem to be dancing behind the yummy sentiment ... there's such a wonderful sense of energy about them! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright and fun and gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete