Monday, February 2, 2015

Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes"






I forgot to submit this card yesterday to STB when I also submitted it to CASology. Also I did not take a photo of my inspiration which came from a Crate and Barrel catalog. This advertisement for framed prints has been sitting on my desk for several months.

For this card I used an aqua painter and distress inks on a piece of water color paper and then die cut the feathers. I also die cut the frame using a textured piece of kraft paper, both from MFT. I glued the frame and both feathers onto a piece of white cardstock. 

Paper - Canson Water Color, MFT kraft, white card stock
Inks - Distress: Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough and
Memento Rich Cocoa
Sentiment - PTI "Communique Curves Sentiments"
Dies - MFT "Feathers and Arrows," "Rectangle Frames"


6 comments:

  1. Great card. I love your feathers. I have that die set and still haven't used it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful water colored feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and beautiful card.... Those feathers sure are popular these days.... I think you have just enabled me! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's as fabulous today as last time, Barb ... a perfect take on your inspiration ... just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good eye for inspiration you have! The framed pieces are lovely as is your card! Very cool coloring and design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those feathers look great water-coloured! Great card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete