Sunday, February 8, 2015

Freshly Made Sketchesn#172





I began making this card by stamping the  image and heat embossing it and then colored with copics.  I then die cut the circle. The butterfly was die cut from a piece of leftover handmade background paper, and I stamped the dash lines and antenna.  Wink of Stella and MFT glitter glaze was used on the flowers and butterfly. I used two strips of colored card stock and attached a piece of green and pink baker's twine. After assembling the image and paper strip I stamped the sentiment. 

Stamps - Penny Black "Marigolds," Paper Smooches "Flap Happy"
Paper - Staples white cs, SU! snippets, snippet leftover paper
Die Cut - MFT "Pierced Circle," MFT "Winged Beauties"
Ink - Versafine, Copics
Other - Queen baker's twine, embossing powder, corner rounder




7 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Love the funky font and the sweet butterfly flying away from the flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love how you've used the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Barb ... another reminder that spring is just around the corner ... so delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I love that image and it's so beautifully coloured! Love the trail behind the butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Barb! I find embossing then coloring is so much easier,like you did here. The butterfly with the trail is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card and fun butterfly. I like how you layered the cardstock to make the border along the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the butterfly cut from your background paper! That is also my favorite thing to do - to make backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete