Sunday, June 29, 2014

CASology - Week 101 WOOD




This is a card I made for CASology with the cue word of Wood.  I chose this birdhouse and the sentiment because son #1 and family are moving shortly to a new home.  The first thing I did was stamp the house onto a piece of wood designer paper and heat embossed.  I also stamped the entire image onto a piece of white cardstock and glued the two pieces together because the dsp was thin.  The roof was was stamped and fussy cut and attached to the house.  A piece of kraft paper was die cut with LI rectangle and then I stamped the birds at the top.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed on the the kraft card base.  I mounted the house onto the smaller piece of kraft paper.

Paper - SU! DSP (wood), Kraft, Real Red
Stamps - Unity "Where You Are" (house), Sweet Stamp Shop (birds), Verve "Happy Thoughts"
Die Cut - Lil Inkers Rectangle
Other - Versafine ink, clear embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. what a great card for your son! love the birdhouse in the woodgrain and the fun birds on the wire - perhaps waiting to move in???!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babs, thanks for the visit and the lovely comment of support.
    (the reason you didn't see your comments is because I have them on moderation, so they don't appear until I have checked them).
    I will keep plugging on, like you say and hopefully get back into it :-)
    Love your woodgrain house and how you managed to add all that dimension. The birds are a great touch too - I'm sure your son will love it.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii Barbara I love your card why..it looks like a real Wood little birdie house and cute birdie too at the top area of your card and great white space on your card...good luck with the challenge Barbara..

    If you wanna see my "Wood" card on my blog... my card is #59 on the CASology Gallery...I would be so happy if you could leave me some love too..big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the birdhouse and the little birds on the wire! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Barb ... your son will love it I'm sure! I was going to ask if those birds were waiting for the removal truck, but I see Julia beat me to it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic way to incorporate wood into your design, and that bird house is such a cute way to make a new home card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is superb! love those birdies chirping in the backyard of the house :)

    ReplyDelete