Saturday, June 21, 2014

CASology: Week 100 CELEBRATE


 


Many years ago I became fast friends with three other women through our work with our children's PTA.  We served on committees together, did paper drives, made cookies and soon joined a bunco group.  When I stopped playing bunco because I returned to college (by then both boys were in high school) we got together for our birthdays.  One thing we did have in common is we were all the same age and soon we turned 40, then 50 and now a really big milestone.  So having said that this card will go to the first in this group of friends who turns this number (shhhh! 70).  I did not take a photo of the inside of the card but it reads, "Some days ya gotta but on your boots and just dance - happy birthday."  She will love this card as she is one of my friends who loves any card I send her and we all know how good that makes us feel.  Personally I don't think my friends and myself look our age, not like my mother's generation.  Let's face it girls always want to have fun.

My usual routine is stamping with Versafine and heat embossing on Neenah paper.  I like doing this for most stamped images because it is more vibrant.  Then I colored with copics and a little At You Spica markers.  The corners were punched with a SU! corner punch no longer made and then I mounted the image onto a second piece of Neenah.

Stamps - Penny Black "The Sensations! 2887K, Unity "It's a Party"
Other - Copics, Versafine, Neenah, SU! corner punch, At You Spica, mounting tape

P. S. Congratulations to the CASology team of designers for making this such a fun challenge to enter. I am certainly not the cardmaker I was a year and half ago and looking back at my first cards is pretty funny and sometimes I feel like deleting them, but I won't because they are a learning tool. Thank you all for all the kind comments.







10 comments:

  1. Barbara, this card is fabulous...so vibrant and such a fun image! Your coloring is amazing, and the subtle shading around the images adds so much. How special to have a group of friends to share milestone birthdays with...no matter what age! Thanks for helping to make the celebration at CASology special this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy I really appreciate your kind words and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just has me smiling all over my face, Barb ... these critters are suuuuch fun! As ever, your colouring is awesome ... how wonderful for you and your group of friends to be celebrating milestone birthdays around the same time ... this image is perfect for such a special event! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so super cute...so super happy.
    Thanks for the visit to my blog..very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! super coloring on this! and how nice to be friends for so long! I'm sure she will love this fun card (a pic of the 3 of you, I assume? LOL!!) the 2nd friend will be very jealous and want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cardmaker after my own heart... I emboss almost every image I stamp, too. :) This trio is so much fun, and so perfectly coloured! Great card for one of your long-time friends -- so special to have those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! This is brilliant! Gorgeous coloring on that fabulous image! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card - I love the image and your coloring is fantastic! How wonderful that you are still friends with these two obviously special ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant!! I love those gorgeous animals, how happy do they look?? I know what you mean about long time friends, they are totally precious, :D x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorabel card for long time friends, bet they love this. I know I do, too cute!

    ReplyDelete